Spring has arrived! The sun is shining and the flowers are in bloom, making it the ideal time to create new habits. With just a few tiny adjustments to your life, you can make the most of the new season and put a refreshed spring in your step. Geraldine Augustine-Darwood from perfume brand Gold Series says that an upbeat outlook on your life can do wonders for putting a spring in your step and brightening your mood. “Fresh new habits that can easily be incorporated into your daily routine; from a glass of orange juice in the morning, to a late afternoon walk, are all perfect ingredients to enhance your mental and physical health to accompany the beginning of a new season.”
She offers a few improvements for each day:
1. Zest for life Drink a large glass of freshly squeezed orange juice; it is a rich source of vitamin C, strengthens the immune system, detoxifies the body, has anti-inflammatory properties, supports the liver, promotes blood circulation, and lowers high blood pressure. Just knowing all these remarkable health benefits are contained in one drink can give you a much-needed morning energy boost. Bonus: The smell of citrus helps to eliminate emotional stress and boost participants' moods for up to 30 minutes.
2. Break it down Use any opportunity to dance, whether it's while you're alone in an elevator or strolling along a quiet street. When no one is looking, there is something tremendously liberating about letting loose. Yes, you will momentarily appear foolish but it’ll bring a smile to your dial. Bonus: Dancing has proven stress-reducing mental health benefits.
3. Stop and smell the roses You truly 'learn' to have a deeper sense of appreciation by taking the time to stop and smell the roses. Simply taking a moment to breathe in the wonderful fragrance of these lovely flowers turns your state of mind into one of appreciation. Bonus: The scent of flowers can trigger the mood-enhancing chemicals in your brain.
4. Fresh Fragrance The ideal scent might give you more self-assurance for the day. Smells like flowers and citrus can lift your spirits and help you feel less stressed. With hints of orange, jasmine, vanilla, Serendipity Perfume Spray by Gold Series is the perfect fragrant pick-me-up. Not only do you feel good when you smell good, but you also feel much more confident. Bonus: Spritz your Serendipity Perfume Spray onto your pulse points such the chest, abdomen and the wrists. These spots help your fragrance last longer on your body.
5. Go for a “thank-you” walk Nothing is more enjoyable at this time of year than taking a walk outside while the setting sun shines on your back. Put your phone away, park the car, and just take a wellness stroll to spend some time making a mental note of all the things you are to be grateful for. Bonus: Walking provides the best of both worlds. It offers the physical benefits of exercise while also boosting your emotional well-being
“Begin each day with a little courage, a little curiosity, and a little spring in your step.” — Doe Zantamata.