Winter can create havoc on the skin, and it can feel like there’s no escape. Harsh Winter winds and dry indoor heat can be particularly challenging for the skin, leading to dryness, redness, itchiness, irritated and stinging or burning. Cetaphil, a leading skincare brand that is dermatologically tested for sensitive skin, shares tips on how to combat dry Winter skin.
With a focus on deep moisturisation and hydration, Cetaphil’s skincare range is designed to help individuals combat the harsh effects of Winter on their skin, ensuring a healthy and radiant complexion all season long.
Cetaphil's Winter skincare solutions include:
1. Adjust your skincare regime: Adapt to the Winter season with nourishing moisturisers such as the Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion, Cetaphil Daily Advance Ultra Hydrating Lotion, or the Cetaphil Moisturising Cream. Formulated with a rich blend of hydrating ingredients, these hydrating skincare products are suitable for sensitive skin and designed to replenish and protect the skin’s moisture barrier from dryness.
2. Maintain hydration: If you are already drinking the recommended daily amount of water, drinking additional H2O probably won’t improve the health or appearance of your skin, but if you aren’t maintaining proper body hydration levels, drinking more water may be beneficial to your skin health. Including hydration into your skin-care routine, could have a positive effect on your skin. To enhance the hydration of your skincare routine, consider the Cetaphil Optimal Hydration collection. Formulated to seal in moisture for 48 hours, the Cetaphil Optimal Hydration improves the overall quality of sensitive skin. Specially formulated with Hyaluronic Acid plus their exclusive HydroSensitiv Complex™ to deeply hydrate and soothe skin sensitivity.
3. Limit exposure to hot water: Hot water can be harmful for the skin, especially during the Winter season. Extra hot water strips away the skin’s natural oils leaving it dehydrated. That, in turn, can cause the skin to dry quickly, leaving it craving for moisture.
4. Cleanse the skin, but don’t overdo it: Too much cleansing removes the skin’s natural moisturisers. Discover a range of Cetaphil’s cleansers for the face and body. Cleansing creams, bars, body washes, face wipes, scrubs and more, are all designed to be gentle yet effective on sensitive skin.
5. Protect your skin from the sun: Sunscreen in Winter is a must! It’s important to use sun care in Winter even if the sun doesn’t seem that strong, as the radiation can cause sunburn and sun damage, not how hot or strong the sun is. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 or higher to all exposed skin, and ensure to cover often-missed spots like the tops of your ears, around the eye and near the hairline.
Let us embrace the season with a skincare regimen that promotes optimal hydration and moisturisation, ensuring your sensitive skin remains healthy, nourished, and beautiful throughout the Winter months and beyond.